- A lesson is a single activity or a series of activities designed by the instructor so as to achieve one or more instructional objectives determined, or desired in promoting positive change in the learner
- A lesson may be 40 minutes or even one hour or two or three hours. It may be a theoretical a practical one.
- Lesson planning is an activity which the instructor performs before the actual lesson takes place
- Identification of learning as well as teaching objectives, activities and tasks to be undertaken by both the learners and the instructor
- Sequencing of activities and tasks
- Determining appropriate instruction aids, methods and references
- Deciding the proper organisation and or management of the learning resource available, environment and activities.
- Determining evaluation process i.e. how the learner shall be deemed to have acquired the desired chance of behaviour or mastery of content and/or skills.
Components of Lesson plan
- Lesson Body
- Self Evalution
- Title is the name of lesson of one or more words containing the main theme of the lesson.
- Examples are:
- Number system, Hard Disk
- Input Devices
- Boolean algebra
Student Learning Outcomes
- SLO Contains the key learning areas of the lesson
- SLOs have specific way to write
- Students will be able to learn:
- Define Input Devices
- Define output Devices
- Define Number Sytem
- A learning objective refers to the statement what students will obtain through instruction of certain content
Attributes of objective
- Behaviour: Must explain the comeptency to be learned, the intended change in the behaviour of the learners
- Criterion: Must Clarify the intended degree of performance
- Conditions: Should describe the conditions under which the learning will occur.
- Showing a diagram, given a map,
- Told a case study
- Understand and describe the different types of test and techniques
- Examine the purposes and Characteristics of tests
- These are tools, apparatus, machines which the instructor uses to demonstrate a skill or process. Learners may use the same during the lesson to practice a skill.
- These are resources from which the instructor as well as the learners obtain or extract the content to be taught or learnt. They include text books, library books, dictionaries, newspapers, periodicals e.t.c
- Introduction: refers to the initial activities that the instructor or the learners do or involve themselves in to prepare themselves for the “the just about to place – learning/teaching activity”.
- The main learning tasks to be undertaken during the lesson.
- The main points of the lesson.
- Teaching/learning methods, or step she/he is going to use in order to achieve his instructional objectives.
- This is a brief review over of the lesson whereby the instructor stresses the key lesson points which led to the skill mastery
- The instructor must think of how he conducted the whole lesson focusing on strengths and weaknesses