What is Research Design?
- Research design is a pre-planned sketch for the explanation of a problem.
- It is the first step to take in research.
- Study will conduct on the basis of this research design.
- It gives us a due that how the further process would be taking place and how would be the research study carry into classification, interpretation, and suggestions.
- This is a guideline for the whole work.
Definitions of Research Design
Some of the researcher & sociologists has given their definitions.
Vimal Shah: “Research Design is a plan of study whether controlled or uncontrolled and subjective as well as objective”.
Ackoff: “It is the process of making decisions before the situation arises in which the decisions are to be carried out after for control”.
Miller: “Research Design is a planned sequence of the entire process involved in the conducting of as research study”.
E.A. Suchaman: “It is a series of guidelines or steps to keep one in right path”.
Kerlinger: “Research design is a plan, structure and strategy of investigations to obtain answers to the research questions”.
It has been concluded from the above definitions that, “It is pre-proposed sketch, outlines or plan which is prepared for the undertaking of the whole study in future”.